Tuesday, October 16, 2012

For Y'ur Height Only

Throwback Theater

9/24/2012

Weng Weng as his bad self!!!

“For Y’ur Height Only” 1981

By A T Folino




“Hmm what if James Bond was a three foot tall Filipino kung fu expert?” Yes my friends I to have pondered this question myself until one day I came across and watched “For Y’ur Height Only” and all my questions were answered. On that day I knew I could die a happy man!!!! If this over dramatic and silly start to this paragraph made you chuckle just a little then you are in the proper mindset to watch this cult classic starring the ever popular Weng Weng in his first lead role as the dashing Agent 00 an Interpol agent fighting the likes of the evil Mr. Giant.

I have to say right off the bat this is one of my favorite movies if for nothing else just the sheer weirdness of it. Shot in the Philippines in the late 1970”s “For Y’ur Height Only” blends slapstick and parody into a must see action comedy. Agent 00 is smooth as glass weather fighting or chatting with the ladies he is always just the man. That is also where most of the comedy comes from seeing a three foot tall spy smooth talking the ladies. The action scenes are also so surreal and crazy watching Agent 00 hit his patented move of ducking between a villain’s legs and then kicking them in the groin is a sight to see.

This was followed up by a 1983 sequel called “The Impossible Kid” that contains more of the same silliness. Unfortunately Weng Weng died in 1992 at the age of 32.
We as fans can always watch his cult classic movies and wonder what might have been.
Please watch and enjoy!!!
Look Ma I can fly!!!!


Things to watch for!!!

1 Weng Weng's use of his spy issue straw hat.

2 The fight at the bakery.

3 The creative use of an umbrella.

4 The unveiling of Mr. Giant.

5 Dwarf fu!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment